Are my Nitrates going to drop ever?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike7744
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike7744

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Messages
403
Reaction score
183
Location
Wareham
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 165 total gal aquarium. I recently started growing Sea lettuce. I now have a 15 gal aquarium full of Sea lettuce in my refugium. I was expecting to see a drop in nitrate, but I have not. Still showing 50.
I'm using RedSea test.
Anyone know when i could see a drop in Nitrates.
 
Remove some sea lettuce, some nitrates exported 😀
 
Are you tracking phosphate?

Adding trace elements?

If these others drop to critical levels, the macroalgae will be limited.

By Sea Lettuce, do you mean Ulva? That's what I use and I have to dose N (not P). I have it in quite bright light.
 
Are you tracking phosphate?

Adding trace elements?

If these others drop to critical levels, the macroalgae will be limited.

By Sea Lettuce, do you mean Ulva? That's what I use and I have to dose N (not P). I have it in quite bright light.
I decided to take it off line, it was becoming quite messy not working as well as i had hoped
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new