Are my zoas sick ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 305phins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

305phins

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2023
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260127_173230_028B20A9-5DEC-40A7-9936-EA2118C3C5BC.png

20260127_173231_871FD7A0-1613-46A0-827C-7152E6AC5B44.png

20260127_173232_8E6231F7-C0AB-4379-8C61-05D101484A58.png
So I don’t think it’s the light both corals are high up in the tank running 43% intensity with ai hydra 32s corals were doing fine before but now look like there melting or getting skinny but at the same time look like there stretching for more light. Does anyone see any pox or parasites or anything like that. Looks to me like some of the stalks have little white dots. Not to familiar with zoanthid problems. Any help or input would be appreciated. Thanks r2r
 
I think it’s Zoa pox your referring to. Anyone else think it may be zoa pox. The coral is almost to the top of the water and not to far from the light, that’s why I wasn’t thinking light issue.
 
The long skinny stems tell me they are reaching for light. Despite that you think its getting enough light, the coral is talking to you
 
I’m going to test the water today and will try to move them a bit higher as well. No one worried about zoa pox tho?
 
Are you able to see small pimples on the zoa?
Every picture I've ever seen of zoa pox, the zoa is closed.
Your pictures don't show these 2 symptoms.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new