Are these clowns 100% maroon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jet Sled
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thank you all for the replies and advice. I do admit It’s extremely hard not to rush when first getting into this hobby even though everyone is screaming at you to slow down. I got fish before setting up a QT and lost a fish to velvet. Luckily I was able to source good CP from a buddy and treat the clowns prior to them showing signs. Unfortunately the fish with velvet succumbed to secondary infection
 
Ah, so you are learning the same way all of us did. School of hard knocks. Then researching some more. Giving the tank a fallow period? Have you been reading in the subforum about QT and medicating fish?
 
Ah, so you are learning the same way all of us did. School of hard knocks. Then researching some more. Giving the tank a fallow period? Have you been reading in the subforum about QT and medicating fish?

I have been reading everything I can all over the place about pretty much everything. I’ve read all of humblefish’s qt stuff many times over and over. Non of my fish showed signs of ich, but a fish with velvet was in the DT so I am being cautious this point forward. I’m setting up a 12g long to use as a frag/invert qt that way I can qt everyone prior to the dt. Maby this is overkill but I just watched a fish die due to velvet and it did not look peaceful that’s for sure. But I’ve always been a hard knocks kinda learner for sure!
 
I get to sit around and watch snails all day now, but they do put on quite a show!
9c17b1103c63e1d377384111f80486c6.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new