Are these dinos doin in my monte?!

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home from outta town and noticed my monte looking bad. I took a pic of it under white lights and it looks like dinos are suffocating it. I noticed the last time that I fed reef roids that the next day they started acting kinda strange. Am I correct in my assumption?

parms thus far are
Alk 8.1
Ca 440
Mg 1280
Po4 .01
No3 5ppm
Salinity 1.025
Temp 79 0E278087-BB14-4F19-907C-4184E1A0A511.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Din can do this as well as elevated:
phosphate
temperature
salinity
nitrate
alk
calcium

Take a turkey baster and gently blow the surface clean. What test kits are you using ? This type of coral requires moderate light and good water flow. It appears to be diatoms over dino

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Din can do this as well as elevated:
phosphate
temperature
salinity
nitrate
alk
calcium

Take a turkey baster and gently blow the surface clean. What test kits are you using ? This type of coral requires moderate light and good water flow. It appears to be diatoms over dino

I feed heavily, I’m sure the chemi-pure is what is keeping my p03 and N03 manageable. It’s been 2 weeks since my last WC and my numbers have stayed within their normal ranges. That coral has been doin really good until recently (It’s encrusted onto my rock nearly twice the surface area I originally got it). I blew the rock off and will continue to do so. My test kits are all Red Sea except for the PH test kit, that was API. I’m gonna limit the reef roids and continue to feed frozen mysis daily in efforts to raised nitrates levels. Does that sound like a good game plan?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I feed heavily, I’m sure the chemi-pure is what is keeping my p03 and N03 manageable. It’s been 2 weeks since my last WC and my numbers have stayed within their normal ranges. That coral has been doin really good until recently (It’s encrusted onto my rock nearly twice the surface area I originally got it). I blew the rock off and will continue to do so. My test kits are all Red Sea except for the PH test kit, that was API. I’m gonna limit the reef roids and continue to feed frozen mysis daily in efforts to raised nitrates levels. Does that sound like a good game plan?
Reef Roids can cause water quality issues especially if target fed. Best to suspend feed

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suspend until monte recovers and diatoms die down I assume? Thanks so much for the advise! Happy 4th!!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back