Are these eggs?

DedElvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please ignore the hair :) It's on it's way out thanks to skimming and basting.

I've searched the forum and Google images. My ammonia alarm badge came dislodged to I took the opportunity to clean the glass behind it. I nearly scraped these off tank wall. They are green, uniform, and had a cerith snail hanging out near them for a couple of days. However, these don't at all match the color or geometric pattern a search for "cerith snail eggs" produces. First off, these are green.

Sorry for the potato photo.

Thanks for any info!

eggsmaybe.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Please ignore the hair :) It's on it's way out thanks to skimming and basting.

I've searched the forum and Google images. My ammonia alarm badge came dislodged to I took the opportunity to clean the glass behind it. I nearly scraped these off tank wall. They are green, uniform, and had a cerith snail hanging out near them for a couple of days. However, these don't at all match the color or geometric pattern a search for "cerith snail eggs" produces. First off, these are green.

Sorry for the potato photo.

Thanks for any info!

eggsmaybe.jpg
Looks like nerite snail eggs. Pics a little fuzzy

OP
OP
DedElvis

DedElvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks vetteguy - I'll wait and see what happens with them.

OP
OP
DedElvis

DedElvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok today I got some real eggs - and I caught mama laying them. I hope they hatch and do well - I imagine they will get sucked through my overflow though. Yes I have an epidemic dose of the little spiral white worms. This was a small portion of my tank I did not clean due to the egg volume from this snail :)

ceritheggs.jpg

Last edited:
Back