Are these little clarkii eggs?!

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2018
Messages
2,998
Reaction score
5,813
Location
Lower Alabama
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mocha and Java have been a breeding pair for a looooong time. In the old tank, their eggs were in a place where I couldn’t see them. I felt pretty sure they were laying but never actually saw them.

Now I can see the side of the tank and I’m pretty sure there are eggs there. Funny thing is, when we moved the tanks, I took the rock out and put it in buckets. I rebuilt part of the same aquascape. Apparently, the eggs made it through the move. Best part is the parents seem to have found them. I’d be surprised if they are still viable after the move but it’s still cool. So... is this a clutch of eggs? Look at the brownish place on the right hand rock, down low. It looks like a mushroom.

CE237F98-5523-43E8-A52C-A4583A2EBEDA.jpeg
 
Some have had them end up the fuge but highly unlikely in the DT, usually consumed by others
 
Congrats! Bad news is that the larvae will not survive reef tank settings. They will have to be pulled and reared by you.
 
I’m sure there’s info somewhere on here that I can read. I would like to look into trying to raise them. I’m sure it’s fairly difficult. What usually happens to them in a reef tank? Predation? Starvation? Overflow?
 
I’m sure there’s info somewhere on here that I can read. I would like to look into trying to raise them. I’m sure it’s fairly difficult. What usually happens to them in a reef tank? Predation? Starvation? Overflow?

Eaten by others
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new