Are these snail eggs

  • Thread starter Thread starter kadamik
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kadamik

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2022
Messages
100
Reaction score
38
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 40 “eggs” on my back glass. they look bigger than the pictures i researched. the eggs are about 3 mm across and they are spread out. they are white.
image.jpg
 
I know some Nerite species' eggs can get up 4.5mm in diameter, so the size isn't terribly odd. I'm assuming based on the photos that these are Nerite snail eggs, but to be sure - what snails do you have in your tank?
 
These are the snails that I have purchased over the last 6 months

Nassarius Vibex
Dwarf Cerith
Money Cowrie
Marginella Snail
Astraea Snails
Dwarf Trochus
Mexican Turbo Snail
Crowned Turbo Snail
 
very similar to nerite- these are astrea snail eggs and dont expect much if any survivors. These often become caviar for fish and require cool water for hatch
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new