Are these snails reef safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ksp123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ksp123

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
24
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9925b32ca367818ff9b061953c82c4d0.jpg
a3865d9aca23cc950815d6e267bb7e4c.jpg
 
Those look like whelks!
 
That's what I was thinking lionfish how can I be sure?
 
I'll look through my shell catalogue and see if I can find anything. There are characteristics that point to a whelk, yet does not positively ID one.... which is the large dark operculum and the zebra pattern.
 
I believe them to be a Pollia sp.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new