Are these star fish or ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter 3425675765
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

3425675765

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
80
Reaction score
9
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might seem like snails from this angle. But it has multiple arms. But I just find it weird that they only come out at the eve if I turn of the light. And they only sit on my rock so are they star fish and should I keep them I heard they might eat corals...
 

Attachments

  • 1441638464380.jpg
    1441638464380.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 1441638473928.jpg
    1441638473928.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 122
They are astaria stars probably spelled wrong lol. But never had issues with white ones but blue/grey ones remove they have ate zoas of ours before. I know it's a debate in hobbyist about them. But I recommend to toss any that aren't white.
 
asterina2.jpg

Asterina sp.
Microstar, Ministar

Suitability: Watch them!

Diet: Micro/film algae. Some varities rumored
to eat corals.

Remarks: Read More!

asterina1.jpg
Look like this.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new