Are trace elementato

Billyreef-ita

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2024
Messages
222
Reaction score
75
Location
Rome
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody,
My 75G tank is sps dominated, so far is going well. I’m starting to add acros and I wonder my current AFR Fauna Marine dosing could be enough in terme of trace elements supply.
Should I dose a specific trace elements integration, maybe by Fauna Marine to remain with the same maunfacturer?
Thanks!
 
Tropic marin afr? Either way...water changes will suffice for acros if you're just starting.
 
Sorry you are right…. It’s Tropic Marin, I always confuse them 🙁
I don’t do water changes unless problems.
 
When do I understand I need an integration? Polyps extension? Place colors?
 
You can icp test....MS icp will show some trace better than OES bc OES doesnt read below "1" value. Acros are a game of observation/first hand experience really. But...a 75 with afr dosing and waterchanges will be fine for you starting out and possibly for a long time depending how heavily stocked you go.
 
Thanks all guys, now I got a very good idea about it 😊
 
Iodine seems to be the one trace element that is low for many AFR users, including myself. If you are performing regular water changes everything else should be in line. An ICP test will be the only way to really see what elements are low, if any. Go easy with the iodine if you do decide to dose it. Things will change as those Acropora start to grow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new