Are upgrade journeys valuable?

R.Weller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A recent thread encouraged R2R members to share the largest coral that they have grown in their systems. I shared a bird's nest that we have enjoyed in our reef over the last year (linked here). But it occurred to me when digging through old tank & growth photos, that there is no way that such a coral would have grown in our system a few years ago. Today, our system is around 425 gallons. Yet when we started out in saltwater, we started by simply converting our existing 60gal freshwater to saltwater after a quick rinse & buying different filtration hardware (canister & HOB skimmer).

We refer to our current system as Gen4 (build thread here). But there were three generations prior to this, & we learned a good deal through the process. I'm happy to share our upgrade journey, & I expect other members might be as well. If so, which forum would be a good candidate? Is anyone else interesting in sharing their upgrade path? I find that it can be a great way to learn from others in the community.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back