Votes: 358 63.4%

• Total voters

4067steve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow

Definitely a builder. If I can automate, so I do not have to maintain, I do.
IMG_2996.JPG

Holy gizmos Batman.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE BUILDING......

The only part I like about Maintaining is making changes to improve things (Continous creative building like adjustments to lighting, flow, nutrients, and filtration changes) and that's what always gets me into trouble.

Maintaining for stability is boring, tedious and I know if I kept stability the Reef Would Build up and Improve on it own. Yet for years I never really let the Tanks do that.

So I've been trying a new approach to keep my tinkering hands (OUT of the Tanks). Basically distract myself on BUILDING projects non-aquarium related that take up my time and distract me, but satisfy my building cravings... so when weeks or months go by, I get a pleasant surprise that the tanks actually did well on their own (of course basic maintenance was done, by a very regular planned schedule on paper or electronically).

So even better are recent projects over last couple of years that are tank related but improvements on accident prevention, or automation to reduce the need to do the boring maintenance.

It's actually working since all 3 of my systems have improved, and I"m enjoying less maintenance but still buzz around the tanks without any destructive behaviors. The worst for me is additives, which I have learned are actually Counter-Maintenance and may give a burst of benefit (real or just mental) for Short Term, always ending in negative results for Long Term).

I really need to get over the Hill to long Term Reef Success to get the the FUN MAINTENANCE....which is pruning the overgrown and lush colored reef. Maybe it won't be fun but certainly better than Pruning out dead corals.

aquaman67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy setting up tanks. In my freshwater days I went a little nuts and had 4 tanks in living room. It’s not a big living room.

I do miss freshwater tanks too.

Maybe I should set one up.

Jordan Prather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy setting up tanks. In my freshwater days I went a little nuts and had 4 tanks in living room. It’s not a big living room.

I do miss freshwater tanks too.

Maybe I should set one up.
I have a 220 gallon and a 90 gallon in my living room and a 120 gallon with a 180 gallon downstairs

stumpy1830

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love working with my hands. I worked in the timber business for many years I had a bad accident and broke my neck . so now I'm utilizing my hands into my hobby. I'm building my 90gl salt and my wife 46gl fresh. On top of that refurbishing my living room for these tanks. My 30gl tank is 15 years old, it's time to go bigger.

20200122_084048.jpg 20200123_161934.jpg 20200130_130921.jpg 20200210_201637.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back