Are You Rolling with Science or Experience First?

Do You Listen to Science or Experience First?

  • Science

    Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Experience

    Votes: 20 60.6%

  • Total voters
    33
I feel like the experience is inherently trusting the science even if you dont understand the science. If were talking experience over a scientist...thats a different thought.
It can be both. I was just asking which side Reefers consider first, not only. So it’s not an either/or question, I’m just seeing what Reefer’s first inclination is.
 
It can be both. I was just asking which side Reefers consider first, not only. So it’s not an either/or question, I’m just seeing what Reefer’s first inclination is.
Ok...I'll go with experience.
 
When getting advice and trying out new things for your reef, do you listen to the science first, or the experience of other Reefers (if they differ)? Of course in a perfect world we want both, but pretend you don’t have that option.

You’d be surprised at how often things on paper don’t work out in the real world. But can you count on someone else’s experience to help guide yours?
I try to do both, however science is fact, and not being critical there is not a lot of that available. I said experience, and post experience . I listen to others experience and decide. Obviously there are experts here , and obviously listen
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new