Are you using hydroponic trays for your frag tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mester320
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mester320

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2013
Messages
608
Reaction score
167
Location
Saint Marys, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning my fish room build and will be adding 1-2 frag tanks. I wanted to find out if anyone on here was using hydroponic trays for your frag tank. I believe this is what BRS is selling as a frag tanks right now. I want to hear what your experiences are if you are using one. I will be using a deep blue 60G frag tank on top and was planning to do a tray below. My main display will be a 220G in wall and I will be using a 100G stock tank for the sump. I appreciate any info you can provide. Pictures would be great also. Thanks!
 
They work, they leech phosphates for a little while. There have been threads about them. When I was deciding to do some frag tanks I decided to use glass tanks. i have more views than 1. Plus the cost of some new and used tanks were cheaper for me. If I was to do more grow out then views are not too much of a concern.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new