are zoa pest free swimming?

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zoas went through an initial dip with coral md and placed in qt. maybe 3 days later i went to inspect with the scope and decided to re dip and a few fast unknowns came off. my question is do zoa pest free swim?or stay attached? since i found a few things at the second dip is the qt tank containminated? should it be cleaned out? should they have been put back in the same tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
zoas went through an initial dip with coral md and placed in qt. maybe 3 days later i went to inspect with the scope and decided to re dip and a few fast unknowns came off. my question is do zoa pest free swim?or stay attached? since i found a few things at the second dip is the qt tank containminated? should it be cleaned out? should they have been put back in the same tank?
Any pics would be helpful from scope images
Zoa pox and spiders would not be however small flea like organisms known as ostracods are a possibility

archercorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pests tend to stay near the food source, but is it possible for them to release and be somewhere else in the tank. That being said if you take away the food specs, I believe most pests won’t make it last a month.

OP
OP
I

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pics would be helpful from scope images
Zoa pox and spiders would not be however small flea like organisms known as ostracods are a possibility
Unfortunately i just have a 10x-30x magnifying glass. No pics. Any suggestions on one that can take pics? The magnifying glass still has me squinting. Any suggestions on a better magnifying glass/scope

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Unfortunately i just have a 10x-30x magnifying glass. No pics. Any suggestions on one that can take pics? The magnifying glass still has me squinting. Any suggestions on a better magnifying glass/scope
Most use cell phone but dslr cameras do well

Back