Arrow Crab appendage??

kmullen1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2023
Messages
24
Reaction score
52
Location
Bloomington
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed this appendage on my arrow crab. I have no idea if it is male or female. But I’m assuming male…. it won’t stop messing with this appendage (I’ve had teenage boys sooo that’s where my mind went ). Normal? Or is something wrong with it?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6013.mov
    27 MB
Just noticed this appendage on my arrow crab. I have no idea if it is male or female. But I’m assuming male…. it won’t stop messing with this appendage (I’ve had teenage boys sooo that’s where my mind went ). Normal? Or is something wrong with it?
Idk why my video won’t play….
 
Idk why my video won’t play….
image.jpg
 
I could be wrong (and hopefully someone will correct me if I am), but I don't think that "appendage" is supposed to be there at all. If not, it could be remnants of a previous molt that the crab can't get off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new