ASD Rainbow Milli Base Tissue Dying

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a frag of ASD Rainbow Milli along with over 10 frags. The milli's base seems to have receded with a tiny bit of algae. Should I cut off the base and the reglue the frag to a new plug?

It's hard to see in the pic but you can see the receded tissue at the base. IMG_3754.jpg IMG_3755.jpg

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If the coral is healthy and you keep the algae off of it the tissue will regrow right over it. I dont think I would cut it unless it starts to stn more. Was it receded before you got it or after? Just keep a close eye on it to make sure it isnt getting worst.
Jeff

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to tell from the pic but it looks like the algae is growing on the ball of epoxy, not the coral. It should encrust over it.

OP
OP
PugsAndFish

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the coral is healthy and you keep the algae off of it the tissue will regrow right over it. I dont think I would cut it unless it starts to stn more. Was it receded before you got it or after? Just keep a close eye on it to make sure it isnt getting worst.
Jeff
Yes was healthy before I got it? What's the best way to keep algae off the skeleton? I'm thinking just blowing it with a baster cause a brush or something that makes contact can damage tissue?

OP
OP
PugsAndFish

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to tell from the pic but it looks like the algae is growing on the ball of epoxy, not the coral. It should encrust over it.
Hard to tell but you'll notice a lighter/whitish patch. I'm sure it's the coral and not the epoxy unfortunately.

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it was you! I was there last weekend and asked to buy that but they told me it was already sold.
Hope it does well for you, I agree with everyone and think it will recover.

OP
OP
PugsAndFish

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it was you! I was there last weekend and asked to buy that but they told me it was already sold.
Hope it does well for you, I agree with everyone and think it will recover.
think you are mixing me up lol. got from a hobbyist who shipped to me

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PugsAndFish, please know that I was just being silly anyway but I was bummed when they told me it was sold. It must have been some other lucky reefer that purchased it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 40 20.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 73.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%

Back