Asheville NC

DriftN201

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any reef clubs in or near Asheville. I just set up my nanocube and will be looking for some frags in a few months.

Vinnys reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any reef clubs in or near Asheville. I just set up my nanocube and will be looking for some frags in a few months.
I live in the area it’s so bad for reefers in this area I come from Florida and there are so many LFS, clubs, frag swaps. Here the only LFS was high tides and they closed down but he never had anything in stock I was thinking I was the only person with a tank in this area. The only place was PetCo I bought a fish from there yesterday and I check the salinity of there water and it was 1.043 it took me hours to get that poor fish in my qt. Tank. There fish and corals are always a high risk to buy. Anyways have you found any LFS, clubs, or frag swaps? I have a few frags I wanted to swap and always looking for cool frags

nickajernigan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump again- I'm out close to WCU, would love to hear about frag swap in region- I've got enough pink tip, fluorescent green stalk euphyllia that I'm running out of space. Lots of green candy canes and iridescent purple discoma- I would trade as well. If anyone is interested... I've got a rainbow rose anemone who just split too.

Zayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just moved to the Brevard area from Fletcher and and are in between tanks atm. Not much to offer now, but wouldn’t mind knowing where to look since High Tide shut down.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you ready for frags yet? I might have some things you want. I am In fletcher

Attachments

• 8B9D62C1-43E9-42DB-BFDE-B0F084FDB18B.jpeg
    8B9D62C1-43E9-42DB-BFDE-B0F084FDB18B.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 6B1AE7EA-C65C-408C-BE9D-CDCF6728AC97.jpeg
    6B1AE7EA-C65C-408C-BE9D-CDCF6728AC97.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 106

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is two years but I'm interested. I live near fletcher
Hey Inhave not logged into R2R is forever it seems like! Totally need to do some cutting what are you wanting. Here is an update picture but the timing is on the low side but it’s from earlier. If you see anything let me know. I really got to trim up the Milka and the bright green acro on the left

Attachments

• 0103C336-D7F2-41C9-8DC7-7211FA2C74BC.jpeg
    0103C336-D7F2-41C9-8DC7-7211FA2C74BC.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 57
  • A5EE0EE8-05F7-4C13-A23E-A348F2077FA6.jpeg
    A5EE0EE8-05F7-4C13-A23E-A348F2077FA6.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 690ADACD-E1E0-49B0-8A4F-4A8964CEE1D0.png
    690ADACD-E1E0-49B0-8A4F-4A8964CEE1D0.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • CD224366-C2B5-4EC1-8CD5-B51AD0A5EF41.jpeg
    CD224366-C2B5-4EC1-8CD5-B51AD0A5EF41.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 789D545E-7C11-411A-B127-5381672D80E2.jpeg
    789D545E-7C11-411A-B127-5381672D80E2.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 49

addictedtoreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also have lots of coral and have had to travel great distance or buy online. Would love to get a group together for Western North Carolina. Im just below Franklin.

Rideoute

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am SOOOOO happy I found this post! If you are still cutting I would love some frags possibly! The LFS scene here is awful. Im in Weaverville

There is aquarium and imports. (DONT go there). skips reef in Hendo is new. I havent been yet. We usually do a day trip to Columbia and go to fishy business and Palmetto reef.

Berg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am SOOOOO happy I found this post! If you are still cutting I would love some frags possibly! The LFS scene here is awful. Im in Weaverville

There is aquarium and imports. (DONT go there). skips reef in Hendo is new. I havent been yet. We usually do a day trip to Columbia and go to fishy business and Palmetto reef.
Skip's is where I've been going. They are real friendly, family owned, and have corals, fish, and CUC. Their prices seem to be on par especially since there's no shipping cost buying at the store.

Rideoute

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skip's is where I've been going. They are real friendly, family owned, and have corals, fish, and CUC. Their prices seem to be on par especially since there's no shipping cost buying at the store.
Ive been doing research on savage reef. no shipping cost over $200 and his prices seem alright. I may test a purchase out with him soon

wncnewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in South Asheville and would love to get involved in a group. I'm brand new still cycling my tank so I could use some knowledgeable sources around me!

Berg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in South Asheville and would love to get involved in a group. I'm brand new still cycling my tank so I could use some knowledgeable sources around me!
My tank's been cycled about 2 months. I just entered my first ugly phase (minus the one I was born with ) and have been getting brown algae all over the rocks and sandbed. I had really high phosphates for a while and finally got them down using phosguard. Keep me updated with your tank, I'd love to hear how your journey goes!

wncnewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I can’t wait to get going. Plsn on introducing a clownfish couple first and let them cycle and then start in on some corals!

Berg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I can’t wait to get going. Plsn on introducing a clownfish couple first and let them cycle and then start in on some corals!
Cool, they freak you out with their random behavior. One day I came home and one of my clowns was just laying on the sandbed apparently sleeping. He woke right up and hasn't done it since lol they always sleep on the wall. I added a Royal Gramma a couple weeks ago and it's finally started coming out.

Reedsreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
I have not had any luck in finding a local club or good local store but I would love to connect with anyone in the area in the hobby. So if a few hobbyist wanted to get together sometime I would be happy to host at my house just to get to know each other or swap Frags, etc. I live in east Asheville.

john_ob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have lots of coral and have had to travel great distance or buy online. Would love to get a group together for Western North Carolina. Im just below Franklin.
I'm new here and super excited to be part of this coral-loving gang! After 20 years away, I'm diving back into the hobby now that my kids are all grown up. The thing is, I've moved to the quiet town of Franklin in the mountains of NC, and there's no coral store nearby – like, at all. Back in the day, I had coral shops all around me in NY and FL, so this is quite a change! Actually everything about this hobby seems like it has changed in the last 20 years.

I've just finished setting up my tank after cycling, and man, staring at these plain rocks is getting old real fast. I'd love to know where you all get your coral around here. Any cool places to visit (driving distance?) or websites you swear by? I'm getting antsy to see some life in my tank again!

And here's the thing – if any of you ever have some coral frags up for grabs to sell, I'm totally interested. It's tough out here in coral-less land, and I could use a hand getting my tank colorful and lively.

Oh, by the way, turns out we're practically neighbors in this small Franklin community.

Excited to hear from you all!

-John

Reedsreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here's the thing – if any of you ever have some coral frags up for grabs to sell, I'm totally interested. It's tough out here in coral-less land, and I could use a hand getting my tank colorful and lively.
Hi John,

I don't have much at the moment but I have some JF Big Bang Zoa and Forest Fire Digi that are cut to order. I am located in East Asheville so send me a DM if your interested. I can send you my address and phone number.

john_ob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi John,

I don't have much at the moment but I have some JF Big Bang Zoa and Forest Fire Digi that are cut to order. I am located in East Asheville so send me a DM if your interested. I can send you my address and phone number.
Thank you for the reply! I will get in touch with you prior to my next planned trip out to Asheville.

-John

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back