asterinea star/harlequin shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter YoCamron
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I would cut 2 knobs off a cc star every couple of days always made him finish what he had and wait a full day before dropping another

There was also once or twice that after the first cut I lost a star totally I tried feeding it to him frozen he did not eat it at all so now I just drop a whole one in and keep a watch on it if the knobs on it ever go flat get it out its dead and will more than likely be mushy so be careful so far he somehow keeps it alive long enough to eat all of it if you see them out searching the tank he's hungry and finished with it or for some reason it died I don't think they will eat it after it dies ....if you ever smelled one dead I can't blame him lol
i think I'll try that, hopefully they stay alive after i cut em lol
 
Imo it is easier to just give him the whole thing but that's cause I am lazy lol to each his own plus always hated cutting the star from what I read leave at least 1 knob on each leg of you cut more off you get to the cavity and they usually die good luck
 
Looking to revive an old thread:
I've got a red biscuit star that I love, but I also want to cut back on my asterina population in a 120 gallon tank. I know I can't sustain the harlequin on the asterinas, and I don't plan to; I plan to house the shrimp temporarily to use its services. But, do you all think the shrimp will go after the asterinas first and leave my biscuit star alone for a little while?
 
Looking to revive an old thread:
I've got a red biscuit star that I love, but I also want to cut back on my asterina population in a 120 gallon tank. I know I can't sustain the harlequin on the asterinas, and I don't plan to; I plan to house the shrimp temporarily to use its services. But, do you all think the shrimp will go after the asterinas first and leave my biscuit star alone for a little while?
Welcome to r2r.
I would not relie on the harlequin ignoring the red biscuit.
Catch the red biscuit star and put him in the sump or elsewhere while you have the harlequin
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new