ATB Skimmer club

ConcreteReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see a thread here so I figured I would start one.. Best $$ I ever spent. One of the best skimmers on the market today IMHO. Little pricey but you can blame that on the weak us $ more than anything.

Here's some Noggage for your pleasure-

40 hours
DSCN0990.jpg

2nd day
DSCN0853.jpg

DSCN0793.jpg

PBITAWA

OP
OP
ConcreteReefer

ConcreteReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is that the original Small (Nano)? It looks like you keep your waterline pretty low- I used to do that as well but got tired of cleaning the neck/cup every
2 days because the nog would cake up.. I'm keeping my water around 3" below the lid and it works perfectly..

I disconnected the airline from the silencer and skimmate increased by 10-15%.. That is the only downfall- It does make the skimmer completely silent but restricts alot of air in the process..

MR294

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the original Small (Nano)? It looks like you keep your waterline pretty low- I used to do that as well but got tired of cleaning the neck/cup every
2 days because the nog would cake up.. I'm keeping my water around 3" below the lid and it works perfectly..

I disconnected the airline from the silencer and skimmate increased by 10-15%.. That is the only downfall- It does make the skimmer completely silent but restricts alot of air in the process..

I usually run it fairly wet, but I tend to drop the level a bit when I go out of town to make sure the cup doesn't fill up. If the tank sitter had to clean that, I don't know if they would come back :D

OP
OP
ConcreteReefer

ConcreteReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the EX model for the extra L slots

I think thats what I got- Todd Cherry put a nice package together for me..
The only problem I have/had is with the RS232--> USB converter.

Profilux's sold in the US should come with USB instead of the RS-232 IMHO, not to many US PC's have RS ports..

Other than that I love it- Took me about an hour to program it (due to the connection)..

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the usb connecter for mine -- alot easier that trying to move a computer every time I want to program it

Nomadic1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ConcreteReefer:

Nice...do you have an FTS and pics of your equipment layout? How heavy of a bioload do you have there to pull so much crap in only 2 days?

OP
OP
ConcreteReefer

ConcreteReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ConcreteReefer:

Nice...do you have an FTS and pics of your equipment layout? How heavy of a bioload do you have there to pull so much crap in only 2 days?

That was when my tank was cycling so maybe thats why I had so much nog- It went from filling every 2 days to 5 after things settled *but*.
I just upgraded my 1250 to a 1260 and this thing is sick!! I'm cleaning the cup every 2-3 days again.

btw I have a med/high bioload.
1 lrg Mag Fox
1 lrg Purple Tang
1 Asfur Angel
3 Luzon Anthias
1 lrg Fairy Wrasse
2 Picasso Clowns
1 lrg Clarki Clown

FTS- (2 months ago)

DSCN1020.jpg

DSCN1021.jpg

new pump
DSCN1067.jpg

running for about 4 hours (notice the waterline by the grey ring)
DSCN1065.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back