Ati 4 bulb enough for an 11" deep tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tomxreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tomxreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
304
Reaction score
311
Location
South East
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would an ati 4 bulb sunpower be enough for a tank approx 11" deep? Looking to do sps in the upper half and lps on the bottom. Also, looking to maybe add a reefbrite strip or 2 for the shimmer. Any bulb recommendations? Thanks.
 
IMO you'll be fine. Lighting is important but stable water parameters are more important if you ask me. Especially in a tank as shallow as yours, with that fixture you should be able to keep anything you'd like anywhere in that tank. You'll probably have to hang it at least 12" above the water to get enough spread front to back though. I grew sps in a 75g tank with a bulb eBay fixture with ati bulbs and have the progression pics to prove it.

As for a bulb combo I went with 2 blue+, 1 purple+, and 1 aqua blue special. If you like more blue you can go with another blue+ instead of a Aqua blue special. I've used both combos with good results.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new