ATI dimmable or non-dimmable? That is the question.

ATI dimmable t5 or regular sunpower?


  • Total voters
    42
ATI says you need to break in your bulbs for 50 hours, dimmable or not.

Understood... with the non dimmable fixture, it runs at 100% once turned on so worrying about having to burn in your bulbs is a non issue. If running a dimmable fixture, burn in is an extra issue you have to worry about as well as having to reprogram your schedule to accommodate the burn in.
 
Thanks Fritzhamer I have a Giesemann Matrixx II 4 x 24 Dimmable fixture that I won from BRS I am trying to figure out what to do with it. Thinking about getting a Lagoon 25 nice shallow tank so the 4 bulb should work great. That or do a planted FW tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new