ATI Essentials PRO -

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning fellow Reefers. I have been dosing my tank manually using Seachem products and I use Reef Crystals salt for water changes. I make my own RODI water and setup an ATO with the RODI. I am debating switching to an auto dosing system and was wondering if anyone using ATI Essentials Pro 2 part. It seems it would cut back on the number of things I am dosing. I already use their Reef Energy AB+. I’m very OCD about dosing and it makes me nervous to take my hands out of the process and consolidate numerous bottles into just 2. Does anyone have experience using the ATI Essentials PRO that can provide feedback? Good, bad or indifferent.

125 gallon mixed reef (mostly softies - mushrooms, zoa, colts, cabbage, a few LPS) with dual 30 gallon sumps
Algae Turf Scrubber
QMAVEN ii LED Lights

Tank Update.jpg

ChaseB143

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it. It works pretty good, gets lots of elements into the water with only the two bottles. The only problem that I have run into with it is the 2nd bottle. Alk is in one bottle, mag and cal are in the second. I have found that my calcium was raising faster than magnesium, but there wasn’t really anything I could do about that. It might be starting to fix itself, but it’s too soon to know.

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive been using the ati system for almost three years. I use more #2 than #1. Also I have to manually dose a few elements as my tank is packed with sps. It works well. I still do water changes once per month more for cleaning reasons.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it. It works pretty good, gets lots of elements into the water with only the two bottles. The only problem that I have run into with it is the 2nd bottle. Alk is in one bottle, mag and cal are in the second. I have found that my calcium was raising faster than magnesium, but there wasn’t really anything I could do about that. It might be starting to fix itself, but it’s too soon to know.

A two part calcium and alkalinity additive system should about 10x as much calcium as magnesium.

if you choose to use this method to raise levels, keep that in mind.

OP
OP
Trouble1375

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A two part calcium and alkalinity additive system should about 10x as much calcium as magnesium.

if you choose to use this method to raise levels, keep that in mind.
Our levels are stable with the current dosing regimen so it begs the question of why change what's working. I enjoy spending time with the tank but I don't want to have to dose things daily. I'd rather have fun with the fish - most of them eat from my hand - than worry about what needs to be dosed every day. The ATS gets cleaned once a week, filter floss every other day. I'd like to free up time not dosing plus it will actually allow me to leave the house for a short vacation if I want to - as it stands now - a day or two won't hurt anything but longer than that I would be worried.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our levels are stable with the current dosing regimen so it begs the question of why change what's working. I enjoy spending time with the tank but I don't want to have to dose things daily. I'd rather have fun with the fish - most of them eat from my hand - than worry about what needs to be dosed every day. The ATS gets cleaned once a week, filter floss every other day. I'd like to free up time not dosing plus it will actually allow me to leave the house for a short vacation if I want to - as it stands now - a day or two won't hurt anything but longer than that I would be worried.

I did not suggest that you should change anything. lol

I was clearly responding to a different person in this thread (ChaseB143) who may have been confused about what was in a two part and what to expect from dosing it when he said:

" I have found that my calcium was raising faster than magnesium, but there wasn’t really anything I could do about that."

That will be the case with ANY properly designed two part.

Chrille26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose ATI essentials pro in my 65g mixed reef and it works great! I dose each once per day, part 1 in the morning and part 2 in the evening. I have been steady at 9 dkh alk, 420 ca and 1320 mg dosing the same amount of both.

Back