• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

ATI LED/T5HO Hybrid Light Fixture

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I was going to comment "incredible deal"...

@plexx
What are you missing?
I may be able to help out.

plexx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use PayPal, file a claim they will stand behind you
Wow, I was going to comment "incredible deal"...

@plexx
What are you missing?
I may be able to help out.
I am missing the power cord and the cord that programs the control box. I borrowed one from a buddy of mine who has the same light in a 48". Once we got it powered up and programmed, we saw the burned out LEDs and one side of the LEDs was much brighter than the other - both set at the blue plus setting same intensity. Thanks for your offer to help. I appreciate it, but at this point, I would have to put quite a bit of money into this light to get it right. I'm not sure I want to do that.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have extra of both cords.
It's a great fixture, but having burnt out LEDs is a bummer. I think ATI charges around $150 per pluck.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize that this matter is turning into a "fight" here on the forum. I love this forum and everybody on here is so helpful and awesome. I only posted my reply because of the fact that basically what I have is a paper weight. I understand things happen, but I did ask the seller if it came with the cords and if the light works 100% and I was told "yes sir". At this point, I'm just going to let it go because we have better things on the forum to talk about than this negative thread. Also with everything that is going on in the world right now, this seems pretty insignificant. Be safe!
Don't apologize for that. Sounds like you got burned. You're doing exactly what you need to do by calling the member out. I for one appreciate these posts.

People who see this will remember not to do business with him as well as make some other shady members who see this think twice before trying to burn someone in the future.

Hopefully you stuck to the forum rules with PP, it's in place to help protect the buyer in this situation.

Even if it happened in shipping as a seller I would offer to deduct the cost of replacement pucks at a minimum.

plexx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't apologize for that. Sounds like you got burned. You're doing exactly what you need to do by calling the member out. I for one appreciate these posts.

People who see this will remember not to do business with him as well as make some other shady members who see this think twice before trying to burn someone in the future.

Hopefully you stuck to the forum rules with PP, it's in place to help protect the buyer in this situation.

Even if it happened in shipping as a seller I would offer to deduct the cost of replacement pucks at a minimum.
Thanks for the reply

plexx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have extra of both cords.
It's a great fixture, but having burnt out LEDs is a bummer. I think ATI charges around $150 per pluck.
Thanks , the light is an older model and i'm not sure I want to go to deep into this. The acrylic shield is also in rough shape as well and the replacement is about 75.00. May not be worth fixing at this point . I will just have to find another light for my red sea 250.

tank of gems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost bought that light a few weeks ago but there was a bunch of flags up with the light and the pics. Im not stepping on any toes here but file a claim with paypal.

OP
OP
J

jim9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow to say and turn this around saying i burned this guy, i can ASSURE your frustration would be no different if you were in my shoes. All was there when shipped. I am to burn someone when i should advise people never to gift via paypal? Something tells me the package was opened or someone took the cords to use it on theirs. All is good, I'm absolutely done here.

OP
OP
J

jim9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost bought that light a few weeks ago but there was a bunch of flags up with the light and the pics. Im not stepping on any toes here but file a claim with paypal.

The reason why it wasn't sold to you because you kept low balling me and maybe i should've sold it to you cause you wouldnt lie about led being burnt out or powercord wasnt included.

Last edited:

plexx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now I'm a liar??? Look , the simple fact is you lied to me from the start. The cords were never in the box , the light does not even look like the one in the pics. The light is beat up , burnt leds and a useless paper weight. I tried to save you the pay pal fees and I got screwed. The only one being dishonest here is you. If you would have contacted me and tried to work something out , that would have been one thing, instead you insult me and the east coast, and then attack other members. Your replies pretty much tells people what you're all about...

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 99 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back