ATI results help

Jguido1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I just got my results back from ATI. I would love some feedback and help of how to get from their 85% rating to a 100%.
My feeding schedule is ReefRoids at night almost every night. My growth this past month has been crazy. But my two hammers are not all that happy (color loss and less polyp ext) but my Duncan seems to have come back. And a bleached sps has began to regain color. Recent changes were I went from Reef Crystals to Red Sea Coral pro and switching gfo to a cheato reactor to increase PO4. Also I made a CO2 scrubber to help with PH
I won’t list everything just what came up on the test. Thanks in advanced to everyone.

Kh 6.6 (want it higher, target 9.0-9.5)
Ca 485 (want it lower, target 440-460)

Both I auto dose and with the increased growth I am seeing I am just working out level maintenance. I also realized I took the sample right after the Ca was dosed.

Potassium 549 mg/l
Fluoride. 0.46 mg/l
Iodine 18.22 ug/l
Manganese n.u
Lithium. 501.4 ug/l
Vanadium. 0.40 ug/l
Phosphorus 30.51 ug/l
PO4. 0.09 mg/l
Nitrate. 0.88 mg/l
Aluminum 93.05 ug/l. ?????
Antimony 16.95 ug/l. ?????

I do also add the Red Sea Trace elements during water changes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea Coral Pro should be giving you a kH of around 11 I believe. When did you switch? Having slightly higher calcium isn't really an issue unless it gets out of hand. Your alk being so low is an issue. Is your tank mostly softies and LPS?

OP
OP
Jguido1987

Jguido1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree my Alk needs to be higher. It’s a pretty mixed tank. I have been having some great growth over the past month since I started feeding ReefRoids. So I feel like my alk depletion is a result of being rapidly used. I may have to recalibrate my dosing pumps to correct.

I switched to the Red Sea coral pro about three months ago. I may switch back to Reef crystals when this bucket is done.

I was concerned about the aluminum and antimony levels though.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you switched three months ago your Alk should be much higher, Red Sea Coral Pro should mix to 11 kh @ a salinity of 35. I ask what is in your tank because sps will consume way more then a softie/lps tank will. What size is your tank? Maybe post a picture. If you don't have much SPS swapping salts back and forth isn't a large issue, but I'd be careful and do it over time.

OP
OP
Jguido1987

Jguido1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 28 gal Jbj nano cube. I do have a good amount of sps for my tank size and they do seem to be growing well.
I will post up some pictures later today.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's where I would start in the meantime.

1. Mix up some fresh water and test the Alk.
2. Test your tank right before water change.
3. Test your tank right after the water change.
4. Test your tank right before your next water change.

If you Alk is good after your water change, then you are just consuming more then your water changes can replenish and you should look into dosing 2 part or kalk. Makes sense if you have a good amount of SPS in a 29gal that they are consuming the nutrients faster then you can replenish weekly or how often you do changes.

OP
OP
Jguido1987

Jguido1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do a 20% change every two weeks.
I do currently dose alk and ca in a two part during the day and I also dose kalk over night.

I figured out a yr ago that my consumption was about 1.0 Kh and 10ppm of Ca per day.
But I have had great growth over the past yr so I am assuming my my corals are consuming more based on that they are much larger now.

I am concerned with the amount of aluminum and antimony in the water. Any thoughts on that? Or is it a non issue?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
Back