ICP Test Results

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does your saltwater have no Cl in it?

1706358690825.png

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does your saltwater have no Cl in it?

1706358690825.png

It is strange they keep it on their table if they do not bother to measure it. And then give a red warning light. It can never be 0, of course.

OP
OP
ChrisIC

ChrisIC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the aquarium store yesterday evening and got the ones the ICP recommended to dose. Would you recommend not dosing some of them? The doses I calculated for some are so miniscule I wondered if there was much point.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240127_124817_SmartReef.jpg
    Screenshot_20240127_124817_SmartReef.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 21

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the aquarium store yesterday evening and got the ones the ICP recommended to dose. Would you recommend not dosing some of them? The doses I calculated for some are so miniscule I wondered if there was much point.

If you already have it, and it is adequately pure and you dose correctly, there should be no concerns.

I’m surprised an ifs carries obscure things like lithium for dosing. What materials exactly did you get?

OP
OP
ChrisIC

ChrisIC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We only have a few marine stores in Ireland but the one I went to is pretty big and has a lot. I got little bottles of ATI supplements. Fairly expensive too in my opinion, 20euro for 100ml bottles! I'm just hoping they help because I can't figure out why else those certain corals died.

Attachments

• 20240127_210711.jpg
    20240127_210711.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 19

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, those seem reasonable, but I'd have realistic expectations. Corals may perk up when missing a trace element and it is dosed, but lack of trace elements in a tank getting fish food does not usually seem to be a cause of coral mortality.

OP
OP
ChrisIC

ChrisIC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, those seem reasonable, but I'd have realistic expectations. Corals may perk up when missing a trace element and it is dosed, but lack of trace elements in a tank getting fish food does not usually seem to be a cause of coral mortality.
I know really that it probably isn't the reason I've lost so many, but I can't figure out why else. I had a couple of issues over the past year or so, an overdose of magnesium is what seems to have started off the coral losses, but that hasn't been an issue for months and months now and the corals just keep dying off one by one. The loose colour and start receding from the base upwards. The only other thing I can figure has to do with using natural seawater, I was using it for a few months after the mag overdose because I had to do so many water changes to bring the mag down again, it was just a lot easier and cheaper because I live near the coast and tge corals seemed to respond really well to natural seawater at first. Anyway, I was told that the sea temps around Ireland last year were above average and a Vibrio outbreak killed off a large portion of the farmed oysters around the coast where I collected water. I have no way of knowing if that's the reason for the continuing mortalities or what to do about it if it is.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back