ATI shows very high manganese but Triton shows zero

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am assuming that ATI has made some kind of a mistake on the water sample I just set in. I sent in a water test to Triton first out of my display tank, and the manganese showed zero. At the same time I did a ATI test for both my RODI and mixing station to test the salt I am using. I only used ATI as they test RODI for free. ATI showed my rodi water to have zero manganese, but my freshly mixed saltwater from my brute trash can to have 324.3 µg/l . The salt I use it red sea blue bucket. I have a hard time believing that the red sea salt had that much manganese in it. Especially since that is the same batch of salt that I used for me previous 2 water changes. And again Triton tested my display tank at zero. Is this just nonsense and noise? Ati also interestingly tested my rodi water to have 1448 µg/l of silicone in it, but the saltwater that had the same water in it was 250 µg/l. Thoughts?

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maganeze should be consumed quickly by algaes. Id suspect a false reading. Not sure what they could possibly confuse it with.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%

Back