Missing elements —dose or not.

kynan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need to worry about these missing elements? Old school reefer and never worried about extra dosing. ICP tests keep showing I’m ridiculously low or absent these: chromium, manganese, nickel, and zinc. I do regular water changes in addition to dosing the Red Sea 4 trace bottles.

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy has a couple of good articles searchable here on which ones are important to the tank and why. Here is one:

My concern with a catch art might be that if the elements you need to done are allocated different, Red Sea trace or something might have too much of something you already have or too little of something you need. It might be Ok as a base though - idont know. I use AFR, and then plan on supplementing what I need after that with Randy’s guide

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your reef is looking good, all the fundamentals are sound and you like experimenting I would play with chromium, nickel and zinc. There might be improvements, don’t over dose.
Manganese from my research seems to precipitates quickly so if it is in the 4 Red Sea bottles you may have enough.

Good luck,

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back