Ati t5 bulb break in period?

DereksReef77

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
353
Reaction score
259
Location
Downers Grove Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I have an ati t5 8 bulb powermodule dimmable and I am wondering if there is a breakin period and how many hours till I can dim the bulbs? Thanks
 
I have heard from 50-100hrs of continual use at 100% I guess some people will get a cheap light or something they can use to burn them in and put it in the closet or somewhere the light wont bother them.
 
I use a Coralife 2 bulb in my garage and burn two at a time for 50 hrs and then swap out. I have an 8 bulb dimmable as well but only change two in a week so as not to shock or burn corals
 
Yes I am running the fixture in another room at the moment. Since sunday. I already have a 6 bulb ati sunpower over my zoa tank which is 4'×4'×16". I want to put both fixtures over the tank and run at low output. With just the 6 bulb fixture the zoas underneath do great while further out they dont get enough light. If i turn up intensity for outer zoas then underneath theg get fried. I only run at 40% now with 4 blue+and 2 aquablue special.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new