ATI T5 question 6or8

  • Thread starter Thread starter axle314
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

axle314

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2012
Messages
85
Reaction score
4
Location
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to replace my lighting, looking at either six or eight bulb 60" fixture from ATI, going over a 135 gallon, my question is, should I spend a little extra and go 8 bulb or will the 6 work just fine ?
Thanks
 
You can always raise an 8 or pop two bulbs. You can't lower a 6 or add two bulbs.
 
8 gives lots of flexibility. A friend has an 8 bulb on her 75 and it is one of the nicest setups I have ever seen.
 
I'm getting my ATI Sunpower 60" 8x80w in this week. Apparently a very popular item. The 6 and 8 bulb 60" models were on backorder thru ATI. Fortunately their shipment arrived Friday last week. Definitely recommend 8 bulb.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new