ATI water results in - have some questions..

epleeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
How do I reduce the following:

bromine, chrome, phosphorus

The tank is 7 months old. I was running all for reef until I dosed a little too much and my levels jumped. Right now the ALK is level, but CAL and MAG is high. My SPS are slowly dying and Im not sure if that's due to the chrome (whatever that is) and the phosphorus. My Nitrate is .19 and the phos is .34 which again is high and I just started an algae scrubber to get it down and dosing 13ml of vodka once per day until I can get it under control. Just wondering your thoughts.

Appreciate your time.

Eric

Attachments

• ATI test results.pdf
    19.8 KB · Views: 29

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely hold for other opinions but would do a water change for bromine and chrome. Phos I’d apply 1 method first to understand its impact then add the other (algae scrubber or the vodka— note the water chg will lower too). I’ve never dosed vodka but have done Nopox which I’ve heard it is similar- Nopox drops things fast and thinking vodka would do the same.

OP
OP
E

epleeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What are the values? I cannot read the pdf on my phone.
Phosphorus113.5 µg/l14.23 µg/l+99.28 µg/l
high.png
View
Phosphate0.35 mg/l0.04 mg/l+0.31 mg/l

I do know why my phosphate is high, I am working on bringing that down
Chrome21.58 µg/l0.47 µg/l+21.11 µg/l
high.png

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The phosphorus is in the phosphate. 0.35 ppm phosphate is not a big issue, but lowering it is a fine plan.

I do not know if the chromium is high enough to be any concern, but if you have not been dosing it, I’d look to be sure there are no metal parts in the water, such as hose clamps.

OP
OP
E

epleeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The phosphorus is in the phosphate. 0.35 ppm phosphate is not a big issue, but lowering it is a fine plan.

I do not know if the chromium is high enough to be any concern, but if you have not been dosing it, I’d look to be sure there are no metal parts in the water, such as hose clamps.
I have no hose clamps anywhere. There is no metal anywhere as well. The only think I can think of is a few of my rocks were outside for a period of time and got rained on. Not sure if that is causing the issues and they are leaching something into the water column.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back