ATK constantly alerting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Yevoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping someone can help.

I picked up a ATK v2.

Set it up. Physically seems to be running fine.

But it alerts CONSTANTLY.
Screenshot_20210824-153206.jpg

I followed the setup. Tired redoing the setup. Just constantly blowing up my phone.

Can anyone help.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two thoughts:

1. The repeated "Alarm is off" messages are typically due to a sensor rapidly going into alarm state, then clearing the alarm so quickly that the Apex didn't have time to send the initial "Alarm On" notification. To resolve this problem, add a short Defer delay to the EmailAlm output program:

Defer 000:05 Then ON

2. The Swx9_2 is likely your ATK's upper optical sensor (do yourself a favor by renaming the sensors so the names are more descriptive, such as ATK_Lo and ATK_Hi). Under normal operations, that sensor should never be wet. Can you verify if you assembled the ATK bracket so the water comes out on the opposite side of the bracket from the optical sensor? If the water is trickling down from the float valve onto the optical sensor, that will trigger false alarms.

Read my ATK tutorial for a detailed description of how the system works and a list of troubleshooting steps to resolve common problems:

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping someone can help.

I picked up a ATK v2.

Set it up. Physically seems to be running fine.

But it alerts CONSTANTLY.
Screenshot_20210824-153206.jpg

I followed the setup. Tired redoing the setup. Just constantly blowing up my phone.

Can anyone help.
If you set it up properly thru task manager it should have the defer statement in there to stop this.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you set it up properly thru task manager it should have the defer statement in there to stop this.

The Defer statements set up through the ATK Task only apply to the pump operation itself, not to the EmailAlm program where the alerts are generated.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @SuncrestReef said, I also named the photo sensors upper and lower so I knew what they were referring to. I would name them in a manner that you will understand. I named mine ATO_LO and ATO_HI.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yevoc

Yevoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SuncrestReef great call on the delay. I adjusted the water level and added the delay to the alarm and the this seems to have cleared up.

The return space in my sump is fairly small and the turnover makes it a bit wavey (by design Triton wants higher turn over). If I DIY it that chamber would ave been bigger.

milinko3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently started getting alarms non stop. My ATK seems to be over shooting the low sensor constantly. Unless something else is causing the water level changes in my sump. Does anyone have any advice?

Attachments

• 0CBB5558-C16C-42F4-80C3-FDB07D3C0081.png
    0CBB5558-C16C-42F4-80C3-FDB07D3C0081.png
    226.9 KB · Views: 39

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 92 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back