Apex power monitoring total watt/amp draw

Tangdora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Today I was in my app and noticed that my energy monitor was giving Me a warning about potentially exceeding the total amp rating of the energy bar however, it never sent an alert. I have set up the individual alert for voltage on specific components however, there does not appear to be an option for the total amp/watt draw. The website claims the energy bar can only handle the min of 15amp or 1500 watts. Does anyone know if it’s possible to point to these values in coding so that I can create an alarm and alert for when the power exceeds

Is it like possible to add the values together to come to a total ie if heater 1 watt + heater2 watt + …. > 1400 then alarm/alert

IMG_9361.jpeg

Last edited:

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume this is an EB8 and not an EB832 and those don't have any mechanism to monitor the individual outlet power. If you have items plugged in to your powerbar the could exceed the 15 watt maximum if they were all on, then you really need to move something off that. I also think the breaker in the powerbar would trip once you exceed it then the powerbar would be off, so you could put something in your emailalarm to send you an alert if that powerbar lost power. "If Power EB_2 OFF Then ON"

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP has the watts monitor, so that's a EB832.

EB8/EB4 only monitors overall amp load for the entire power bar.

Check if you have an single outlet on the EB832 that's pushing it on draw. All outlets are rated for 7 amps individually, but 15 amps overall for the entire bar.

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct, my apologies. He must have renamed it as the fact it said EB8_2 rather than EB832 threw me off. Both of my EB832's show the full name as well as the module number.

OP
OP
T

Tangdora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Just to be To be clear the only thing I am only interest finding a way if possible to put the total watts and or amps in my alarm condition given Whether it’s a single value or somehow being able to add up all the outlet powers in a function. I’m hoping it’s only a single value. given that the input show up in the power monitoring graph but if you try to enter the actual value in the code, it gives you the orange squiggle

I have already rebalanced my outlets between my two bars to better distribute power as result. This issue only was happening apparently when the stars aligned and all components happen to be on at the same time ie heaters , lights at full insensity … and only noticed when I happen to be in that app at the same exact time to see the warning that it was close to exceeding. The fact this has been happening unnoticed now why I am trying to set an alert when the energy gets to like say 95 % capacity, and that a rebalance is possibly warranted of if I need to move stuff off. Yes I can just monitor the power graphs on a week to week basis but I would rather get notified instantly in the event. I need to quickly shut down an outlet.

Attachments

• IMG_9371.png
    IMG_9371.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9372.png
    IMG_9372.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 4

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AFAIK total wattage notifications aren't available, but you can program individual wattage alerts for a single outlet. Either through the tasking that's accessible through fusion or hard code it with the watts verbiage.

Instead of relying on fickle software, prolly better off calculating max load from each eb832 to ensure your not going to overload it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back