ATO container options for 13" x 13" space?

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any ATO containers that would work in a 13" L x 13" H x 15" W space? I have a Kallax shelf that I'll be using for a stand for my Waterbox P. Mini 25 and would like to use the built in shelves to get the ATO container off the floor and get away from orange buckets at the same time.

Here's where I've run into an issue...I can't find anything that's the appropriate size and food grade. Home depot has an HDX storage tote but I can't see anything stating that it's good grade plastic.

Any suggestions? The buckets work fine but I want to be able to tuck it away on the shelf in the stand.

OP
OP
Tmm87

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Aclman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a sterilite container from home goods, Walmart or target. Drill the top for the tubing and cord. Easy, cheap.

TRAPO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I've got some smaller standard tanks that would work, but I was looking for something with a lid to seal it up.
I was gonna suggest the same thing!!! Glass shop will make the lid for $5 or less. Just have them cut the back tips so the hose and pump wire can come out of. My LFS had a 2 gallon tank with lid, got two of those for ATO reservoirs and they had lids!!! I would do what TMM87 suggested, small aquarium, you don’t have to stress about the food grade stuff, cuz it’s an aquarium and they’re made for what? To hold water.... except if you put a lizard then that’s a terrarium... lol. Good luck . Be safe.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back