ATO & Kalk, best pumps/systems

Orangezuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I'm finishing up my flooring to re-install my 92corner. I have gotten or have decided on most of my upgrades, except deciding on an ATO system. I am looking for input on good ATO pumps/systems for use with Kalk. I have a Skimz sump with a built in ATO container & plan on running Kalk when the time comes. I do have a RKL & a float ect. to install the single set up, I can run with the RKL but would upgrade to a duel float. I do like the idea of running other styles of sensors along with a float. Mainly looking for ideas for pumps with Kalk, ie. impeller Vs. peristaltic.
Systems I like the thoughts on. Tunze, Spectrapure, Avast, RKL(with quality sensors & pump)
Thanks for any input

OP
OP
Orangezuk

Orangezuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess to clarify...I've heard or seen reviews that some pumps do not handle or last when using Kalk.
I'd like to use a pump that will last or is inexpensive enough to replace/spare as needed.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure.....all day long. their pumps have a 5 year warranty. even after the warranty period, they will still help you with any issues. I use their atos on all my tanks because I got tired of replacing cheap pumps from tunze and junk atos like jbj. Spectrspure's peristaltic pumps are also the most quiet I've used.

OP
OP
Orangezuk

Orangezuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure.....all day long. their pumps have a 5 year warranty. even after the warranty period, they will still help you with any issues. I use their atos on all my tanks because I got tired of replacing cheap pumps from tunze and junk atos like jbj. Spectrspure's peristaltic pumps are also the most quiet I've used.

Thanks cromag, That's the kinda info I've been looking for

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back