ATO Reservoir Fill

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello

Been out of the hobby for 6-7 years and finally getting back in and getting a tank set up. I am trying to figure out how to set up my mixing station and remote ATO reservoir. My tank will be in one room in the basement and the mixing station and ATO reservoir in another. The distance from the mixing station to tank will be 20-25' and ATO reservoir will be around 5-10' from the tank. My plan is to use the ATK for ATO. I would also like to use the 2 additional sensor ports on the FMM for high/low optical sensors to fill the ATO reservoir using the RO tank at the mixing station. Basically I would create another ATK by adding 2 new sensors and using a float to fill the ATO reservoir. Is this possible or are the distances too great between tank, reservoir and RO/DI station? I'm not sure how I would power the PMUP at the RO/DI storage tank and have it linked back to the Apex I'm thinking the best way would probably involve 2 FMM modules, one at the tank for ATO and one at the mixing station to fill the ATO reservoir linked back with auqabus. I should mention, my thinking around doing this to prevent TDS creep from my RO/DI cycling on/off constantly if I ran the ATO from the main RO/DI storage tank. I would have the ATO reservoir fill once every few days. I also plan to get a DOS and do AWC but assume I can just use a regular outlet to power the DOS and run a aquabus cable back to the man unit.

On a side note, would it be better to just run the Neptune solenoid feeding the RO/DI tank to control the TDS creep and run the ATK ATO from the RO/DI tank and eliminating the need for the remote ATO reservoir? My guess is this would require another 1link to power both the PMUP and solenoid.

Thanks in advance for helping me try to make sense of this.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 35 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back