Ato resivoir

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am upgrading to a 125 gallon reef ready tank. I currently have a 75 g tank. For a ato resivoir I am using a 5 gallon bucket. I'm thinking that's not going to be big enough for the a new tank. What is recommended for the ato resivoir for a tank that size plus sump which is width and height is 16 inches and length is 48 inches.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am upgrading to a 125 gallon reef ready tank. I currently have a 75 g tank. For a ato resivoir I am using a 5 gallon bucket. I'm thinking that's not going to be big enough for the a new tank. What is recommended for the ato resivoir for a tank that size plus sump which is width and height is 16 inches and length is 48 inches.

think you could do 10 gallon ATO reservoir. I have 180g with about 20g sump, so my about 200 gallon has a 15 gallon ATO reservoir. Its located near the main power switch, so I see it daily and I may go thru 10 gallons a week when air is dry. Depending how frequently you monitor your ATO bucket, maybe you could initially just get by with the same 5 gallon bucket even though your evaporation rate will be higher with larger tank & sump.

mrlavalamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system is 200 gal as well.

Living in the hot dry desert, and using evaporation as my main form of cooling (house temp is 82 during the day and 78 at night).

I go through about 2 gallons a day.

5 gallon bucket worked for me well enough. I kept 2 extra buckets on standby so I only had to fire up my RO once a week.

I picked up a 10 gallon bashsea reservoir and I have been so happy with it. I also switch my standbys from buckets to those plastic blue water jugs as refilling the reservoir through the tiny opening led to some spills with the buckets.

Highly recommend both. But buckets work fine too if that's what you have and dont want to drop $300 on ato supplies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 104 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back