Attaching florescent to V2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any products out there to easily attach T5 to a V2? At 9" wide they won't fit on the LED/T5 hybrid setups out there as they only have 7" open in the center. I'd like to add 2 bulbs front and back to cut down on shading.
Thanks,
Todd

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've pondered this. I figured I would eventaully use the retrofit T5 kits but I could understand if someone was interested in a better looking option as far as hardware goes.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquatic life hybrid is simply 2 sets of t5’s with a bracket that holds them 7” apart. It is quite possible to extend that bracket, or DIY another bracket that might widen it 2 more inches.

I believe the photon has a channel along the top you can use for bolts...I don’t think it would be too difficult to fashion a bracket that’s used those to support the t5’s on either side.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The top of the Photon V2 has a T slot with several 6mm bolts inside. You can use almost anything and bolt it to the T-Bolts. We have extras if you need any more.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back