Attaching plugs to rock work for easy removal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeyZo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MikeyZo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2025
Messages
851
Reaction score
1,460
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a video in passing on someone who was fragging a hammer. When he pulled out the hammer, the plug was still attached, and he showed the rock work where is almost looked like a rubber insert was in the rock making removal and replacement of the plug easy. Of course, I wasn’t paying too much attention at the time, and now I can’t find the video. Is there something out there like that?
 
It might have been stick epoxy. I found that if you wrap a bit around a frag plug stem and insert it into the rock, then wiggle, twist, remove and reinsert the plug, it bonds to the rock but not so much to the plug.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new