Attack Of The Purple Tang

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this Tang since she was a baby. She's around 3-4yrs old. Recently she's become crazy aggressive! My diamond Goby spits sand on the zoas/palys and I use this thing to blow it off and she goes off! Is this indicative of the species? Never had such an aggressive fish lol
Its kinda funny.

lariat8099

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its obvious that's her part of the tank. Mine is territorial also to a area of a cave she's claimed as hers. How does she act toward others at feeding time?

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its obvious that's her part of the tank. Mine is territorial also to a area of a cave she's claimed as hers. How does she act toward others at feeding time?

She's never showed any aggression ever under any circumstances... except she's decided she HATES this tool lol she even sees me reaching for it and starts posturing.

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it's just that tool and not the other inhabitants of the tank I wouldn't worry too much about it ....she obviously sees that as a threat and has taken steps to get it outta dodge!!

hit_the_gap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the exact same tool to spot feed my corals and my Hippo will actually bat the tool with its tail. the hippo hits the tool pretty hard too. i think mine gets ticked that the corals are getting fed and not itself.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purples can be quite aggressive, if she is tank boss then she will feel the need to dominate and fend off anything "alien". Unidentifiable things such as your tool may well be targets.

Hopefully she doesn't show those colors to other fish!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back