attack of the sponge

  • Thread starter Thread starter nsrogue
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nsrogue

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to have a large amount of sponge growing in my tank, other then it taking up space should I be concerned>?
 
No, but it really depends on the type of sponge. Liver Sponge which is black/brown in color can become invasive.
 
IMG_0467.jpg
 
I have a bunch of pineapple sponge on the rocks in my sump and have seen a couple yellow ones that looks like a pineapple in my display but have heard they are good but I don't know
 
Yes that means your tank is maturing and the sponge will also make your water cleaner as the do in the wild filtering out the bad stuff!!! My tank is full of most of the species you guys have named!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new