ATTN: BTA Experts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Luna
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
LEDs only 25000k. Starved by lighting or food?
 
Both. Disk is bleached and tentacles are being absorbed.
 
So how can I revive it, give it more light & feed it frozen mysis?
 
I'd try spot feeding 1 or 2 pieces of PE Mysid every other day. Ramp it up to daily once it starts getting some tentacles back. If it won't grab the PE you may have spot feed Ova with a pipette.

How long has it been under the LEDs/ what was it under before the LEDs?
 
What kind of LED do you have? All your corals look like they could use some light.
 
I looked that light up and saw that it's programmable, do you know what spectrum you're running? And how big is your tank, a 40 Breeder? The models I found were only 18-27 watts, which is too low for an anemone in general and way too low to grow much coral in a tank that large. Are you able to purchase another light? I'm not positive on what corals you have but they look more brown than they should.
 
That light doesn't look up to snuff for host species of nems.
 
How many watts is recommended to have a reef tank?
 
Agreed, this is a light problem, not anything fixed by mysis. These are photosynthetic animals and need serious "sun like" lighting like high end LEDs, T5, or halide.
 
How many watts is recommended to have a reef tank?
It varies, and mostly depends on what you'd like to keep. If you're looking for a cheaper fix, you could look at a chinese black box LED set (I have one from Galaxyhydro that's great) - those pump out crazy amounts of light, and for only ~$100.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new