• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Codym808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This POTM contest has been the toughest one to choose from yet! I just voted for them all ;Woot

BGrand

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pictures everyone!!! Voted!!

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a new guy around here, how are the finalists determined? Does someone just comb through the photography threads looking for potential submissions, or are people actively submitting their own work?

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a new guy around here, how are the finalists determined? Does someone just comb through the photography threads looking for potential submissions, or are people actively submitting their own work?

I shall offer another welcome to the family. The POTM contest starts with an entry thread. The theme is different each month. Members post their entry in that thread. The picture has to be taken by the member in either the member's tank or the ocean. Once the entry deadline passes, the entry thread is removed from view. The Moderation team reviews all entries and determines up to the top 15 finalists (although this month we ended up with 17 finalists).

A membership voting poll (this very thread) is established and the membership decides the monthly winner via this voting poll. At the end of the voting, the winner is announced and the original entry thread will magically reappear.

fity2pounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shall offer another welcome to the family. The POTM contest starts with an entry thread. The theme is different each month. Members post their entry in that thread. The picture has to be taken by the member in either the member's tank or the ocean. Once the entry deadline passes, the entry thread is removed from view. The Moderation team reviews all entries and determines up to the top 15 finalists (although this month we ended up with 17 finalists).

A membership voting poll (this very thread) is established and the membership decides the monthly winner via this voting poll. At the end of the voting, the winner is announced and the original entry thread will magically reappear.

Is photoshopping allowed?

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is photoshopping allowed?

Absolutely...in fact, I usually encourage it. This is a photo contest, regardless of the subject matter. So if a picture needs a little tweaking, go for it. And never forget about the cropping tool...composition is a huge part of a great image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%

Back