AUQA Shield UV Sterilizer - Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget - Universal 10W

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am looking for a UV sterilizer to help me rid dinos from my tank. I have a red sea max e 260. I saw the AUQA Shield UV Sterilizer - Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget - Universal 10W on marine depot and looked like it would slide right in the back of my AIO. Has anyone had any experience with this or think it would be sufficient for a 70-gallon tank? I don't have room to plum anthing in so looking for something temporary and with a small foot print.

Link is here for a reference:

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use their 7W in a 20gallon which sits on the first chamber on the back of the AIO. I bought it when I saw what appears to be itch on one fish and to battle Dino. I haven't seen more spots on the fish since adding it but still battling Dino. You might want to ID the Dino as some are not affected by UV like Amphidinium which I have. I raised my nutrients and been dosing bacteria, sponge power and have elevated silica.

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use their 7W in a 20gallon which sits on the first chamber on the back of the AIO. I bought it when I saw what appears to be itch on one fish and to battle Dino. I haven't seen more spots on the fish since adding it but still battling Dino. You might want to ID the Dino as some are not affected by UV like Amphidinium which I have. I raised my nutrients and been dosing bacteria, sponge power and have elevated silica.

Ever win the battle? I have a species of dino that keeps coming back every two months lol

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever win the battle? I have a species of dino that keeps coming back every two months lol
Still battling but way better. I don't get any dino on the backwall, sand has a couple of spots but overall has significantly improved. My biggest issue has been nitrates, they were bottom out for so long I starve everything and dino took off.

My phosphates stay consistent at .05~ Hanna ULR test kit
My nitrates I now keep between 5-12 Nyos test kit

Rock scape had a hair algae bloom which the CuC is currently taking care. I think a few more week the rock will be really clean and I can start adding a few more frags. I stopped all dosing, Peroxide, bacteria, Vibrant and just letting the tank ride and mature. Water changes every 2 weeks and dose nitrate if it measure 5ppm to prevent another bottom out. Haven't had to do in almost 3 weeks so finger cross and good luck with your fight.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back