Autism Awareness Month- Please Donate to the Sonoma County Human Race for my school.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
The good Rev said I could post this here and try to drum up a little $$ for a good cause. I will be participating in the Sonoma County Human Race on May 5th to help raise money for the Anova Center for Education. We are a non-profit school serving kids with neuro-developmental disabilities, primarily Autism Spectrum Disorders. I am one of the original folks who started this school from the ground up in a grass roots effort to serve kids with a high quality education while also addressing their unique needs. Our school is truly one of a kind. We get folks visiting from all over the US to check out our program. I teach in one of our high school classrooms and I am the Director of Curriculum and Instruction in my spare time :). We have three campuses in Northern California. Check out our website if you want to know more about our school and our fabulous students. Anova Education

In these trying economic times it is difficult to give when so many are in need. I totally understand the difficulty many people are facing these days. If you are moved to donate to my cause I am deeply appreciative. Thanks in advance. Please link to the following Human Race page and donate.

Alicia Honn

I am also selling some Zoas and chalices in the selling forum on R2R. I plan to donate 50% of my proceeds from the sales to the Human Race for Anova Center for Education. So if you feel like getting some corals for a good cause please check out the thread.
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/se...tas-blondies-blue-hornets-space-monsters.html

Thanks again, Alicia

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Alica, thanks so much for all you are doing for the cause from the bottom of my heart. I owe a couple of vendors some money so my paypal account is very low but I donated whatever I had to you guys. My son Aidan has moderate/severe autism and it has been an extremely rough road for us, so reading threads like this is heaven sent. Good to know that there are people that care. God Bless and I'll check my tank and see if I can sell something to raise a couple of more dollars. I'm sure the vendors won't mind me being a little late with my payments :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great cause and I will be donating! How long do we have to donate?

OP
OP
slojmn

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Alica, thanks so much for all you are doing for the cause from the bottom of my heart. I owe a couple of vendors some money so my paypal account is very low but I donated whatever I had to you guys. My son Aidan has moderate/severe autism and it has been an extremely rough road for us, so reading threads like this is heaven sent. Good to know that there are people that care. God Bless and I'll check my tank and see if I can sell something to raise a couple of more dollars. I'm sure the vendors won't mind me being a little late with my payments :)

Frank, Thank you so very much for your donation. Every bit helps. The cool thing about our agency is that they put $$ where their mouths are...no lip service. I have never been told no if I ask for anything for our students. I love the work I do and I know it truly helps families. Its amazing to be part of something like this. I never dreamed that I would touch so many lives in such deep ways. To have a Grandmother say "Thank you" with tears in her eyes because her grandson said "I love you" for the first time in his 14 years is an unbelievable feeling. I hope your son Aidan has wonderful people in his life that truly "get" him. My hat is off to you as a parent.

OP
OP
slojmn

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great cause and I will be donating! How long do we have to donate?

We will be receiving donations up until the walk/run on May 5th :D. Maybe even longer...i should check into that.

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Alicia and no problem on the donation. I was thinking of getting my son an ipad also. He's getting a little better verbally and I think it would help him a bunch. Good luck on raising the rest. I'll try to help out again towards the end of the month once I take care of what I owe to the vendors.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alicia you are doing a great thing!~ Thanks for sharing and i will be donating as well

OP
OP
slojmn

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alicia you are doing a great thing!~ Thanks for sharing and i will be donating as well

Kevin, How are you doing?? It's been a while. Thanks so much. I appreciate any bit you can donate.

The tank is doing well, for the most part. I still struggle with some of my sticks...they can be so finicky and I just haven't found the sweet spot for this tank. One of the chalices I got from you a couple years ago is huge...getting to be salad plate size, hehehehehe.

OP
OP
slojmn

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Alicia and no problem on the donation. I was thinking of getting my son an ipad also. He's getting a little better verbally and I think it would help him a bunch. Good luck on raising the rest. I'll try to help out again towards the end of the month once I take care of what I owe to the vendors.

Thanks Frank...get the iPad. We are using them in the Speech and Language/Occupational Therapy clinics on all of our campuses with the kids and some of the kids really work well with them. I hope to get a couple in my classroom from this fundraiser. I can't wait.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin, How are you doing?? It's been a while. Thanks so much. I appreciate any bit you can donate.

The tank is doing well, for the most part. I still struggle with some of my sticks...they can be so finicky and I just haven't found the sweet spot for this tank. One of the chalices I got from you a couple years ago is huge...getting to be salad plate size, hehehehehe.

Alicia, It has been a while! I'm doing good, my daughter keeps me busy as can be, she's at that age lol 1.5 yr... other than that i'm still at it with the tank and it's doing good, have an acro addiction once again :D i always bounce around with corals hehehe

so glad to hear about that chalice, you always inspired me with the way you grew and colored up your chalices! you have some of the nicest looking ones I have ever seen!

OP
OP
slojmn

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great cause here ill be donating also

Awesome...Thanks so much for any bit you can donate. There is a link to a video that was made at our school on our website that is really cool. Some of the kids and parents along with some of our staff speak about the work we do. If you get a chance check it out. Its a 20 minute video but I think the link on our site is just a small version of it. Take care and thanks again.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back