Auto Topoff decisions

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you guys are awesome. Thanks for all the comments. Float switch versus something else. I could make something using arduino. If that would be better. Granted cleaning a couple switches during normal weekly maintenance isn’t a bad thing.

Heck, if you are good with Arduino the sky is the limit. Get a Reef Angel controller, and it makes it all easier and better. I love my RA water level sensor module. It uses a simply designed pressure sensor to manage, measure, and communicate water level. There is also a web-based interface that allows you to manipulate sump water level and the ATO (plus everything else in your tank). Sorry to get off topic, but whether you do it all DIY or purchase a controller, there is a lot of automation and redundancy you can capitalize on.

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycling the RO system on and off repeatedly reduces the life of the membrane.

Effects from RO creep (membranes pass a small amount of impurities when they first start passing water) will add up a lot faster with the small frequent cycling from plumbing directly to the tank.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. I did by the fittings to keep my system pressurized full time. Is that ok to do. I usually fill up my 5 gal container every 3-5 days depends how dry it is.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back