Auto water changes with Apex, I have questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter stanleo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2014
Messages
1,534
Reaction score
1,931
Location
Statesville, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I travel a lot now and weeks at a time sometimes so I am trying to automate as much as I can. I have an apex and DOS to do auto water changes with. I want to get a 32 gallon brute trash can to store the water.

Do I need to clean the brute trash can before using it?

I do not have the Neptune ATO for the Apex. My ATO is a Hydrofill. Do I need to get the Apes ATO for this to work?

Do I need to keep a heater and a pump in the storage container if I am just doing 1 gallon changes a day?
 
I would just rinse out the brute if it’s new.

I do AWC with the Neptune DOS. I do not heat the new saltwater and am changing out 2.5 gallons daily into about 180 gallons. The temperature in the display is not affected.

You can use any ATO system that you want. The DOS removes dirty water and adds new water simultaneously, so the water level will not change. The ATO sensor will not be affected.

You will love doing AWC! It is great!!!
 
I would just rinse out the brute if it’s new.

I do AWC with the Neptune DOS. I do not heat the new saltwater and am changing out 2.5 gallons daily into about 180 gallons. The temperature in the display is not affected.

You can use any ATO system that you want. The DOS removes dirty water and adds new water simultaneously, so the water level will not change. The ATO sensor will not be affected.

You will love doing AWC! It is great!!!
Thank you! Exactly the info I wanted. I just set it up and I think it will be awesome.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new