Autofeeder on AIO with glass lids

Dr4gula.f32

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2022
Messages
303
Reaction score
157
Location
Long Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ65 powered by a Neptune Apex that I am very proud of. I have the Neptune AFS but have stopped using it. It was setup over the return pump chamber. At 1p it would do 2 revolutions and the food would settle on top of the pump, very little of it would get sucked up and sent into the display area.

I can't put the AFS on the display area because I use glass lids and they will not fit if the AFS is installed, so I am sort of stuck using it in the AIO chambers.

What tips do you guys have to get the food into the COR15 inlet easier? The COR15 is large compared to the return pump chamber, so the inlet is fairly tight against the left wall.

20260215_200252.jpg
 
Are you able to have a glass shop but out a spot for your feeder?
 
1772739414734.jpeg

Yeah, maybe fashion some sort of grommet with a screen mesh (not this photo exactly, but you get the idea) and have a local mirror & glass shop cut a hole to match. 💁🏻‍♂️
 
I'd rather keep the AFS in the back of the tank feeding into the return pump. Any ideas to direct the food down and into the pump inlet?
Is there any way to make a sort of makeshift drain to the output. I have never had an AIO so I am not familiar with what the chambers look like.
 
I've ordered some pcv pipe to make an inlet manifold for the COR. I'm hoping to bring the inlet into the center of the return chamber so I get equal flow from both overflows. This manifold should also bring the inlet closer to the surface, making it easier to suck up the pellets.
 
I have a JBJ65 powered by a Neptune Apex that I am very proud of. I have the Neptune AFS but have stopped using it. It was setup over the return pump chamber. At 1p it would do 2 revolutions and the food would settle on top of the pump, very little of it would get sucked up and sent into the display area.

I can't put the AFS on the display area because I use glass lids and they will not fit if the AFS is installed, so I am sort of stuck using it in the AIO chambers.

What tips do you guys have to get the food into the COR15 inlet easier? The COR15 is large compared to the return pump chamber, so the inlet is fairly tight against the left wall.

20260215_200252.jpg

I have had my JBJ65 since April, kinda wish I would’ve grabbed a tank with a sump.
 
Nice group of both smaller and larger fish together. 😃
 

I have had my JBJ65 since April, kinda wish I would’ve grabbed a tank with a sump.
I recently got a 3d printer and am tinkering with ideas on how to fix this now. I have already made some lids for the filter sock sections, and a refugiium grow light holder for 2 other compartments. Accepting all ideas!!! This is an amazing tank don't hate on it lol
 
I'd rather keep the AFS in the back of the tank feeding into the return pump. Any ideas to direct the food down and into the pump inlet?
I added a small powerhead to the return section of my sump and it moves the water around so much that the food from my AFS always eventually gets into my return pumps. Makes for a good, steady flow of food into my display.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new