• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Avast Marine Fluidized Media Reactor MR10

APLATN13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like new used for 3 months. I also have the bio pellets nozzle I will include. Asking $100 shipped

Our fluidized media reactor is designed to efficiently filter water with a variety of media types. The reactor includes 2 types of filter pads for retaining different media types such as activated carbon or granular ferric oxide (GFO). The included mesh disks make this reactor an excellent choice for fluidizing larger grained carbon. The mesh disks don't clog and are the correct size to keep larger size carbon and some GFO types contained above the disk. If you're using very fine grained media such as ROX 0.8 carbon, then you'll want to use the foam pads that also ship with the reactor, or a mesh bag. Also included is a flow control valve, 5 feet of soft tubing for pump attachment, and barbed union disconnect fittings. The MR5, our small sized reactor, only has room for one union connection; the output fitting is a vertical barb fitting. In all sizes, both barbed fittings are 1/2" NPT, threaded into the lid.

For Biopellet use, we recommend our optional Biopellet Nozzle which provides excellent pellet movement and no clogging. This nozzle replaces the bottom media plate and mesh disk. We recommend keeping the top screen in place to prevent floating pellets from escaping.

Click Here to Download the User Manual

Technical Data:

MR10

Footprint: 7" round
Height: 17.5"
Media Capacity: 10 Cups
Input/Output: 1/2" barbed union fittings
Recommended Pump: Sicce 1.5 or 2.0

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
APLATN13

APLATN13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned the reactor and put the extra parts in the cylinder.
IMG_6203.JPG

Can see that this has been professional sealed at Avast and is not the build it yourself kit.
IMG_6204.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back