Avast plank auto feeder

  • Thread starter Thread starter Surfside74
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Surfside74

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Messages
773
Reaction score
178
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing a new tank build and am putting a avast plank auto feeder on it. The question I have is I don’t want the auto feeder on top of my tank in sight. I was thinking of putting it in my sump above my return pumps. Will that work? Will the return pumps push the food into the tank? Will it do any damage to the pumps or anything? Any info will help. Thanks.

Rob
 
Many people do this. You can mount it to the rim of the sump and put the mixing tube right down to the return pump intake. Avast can also make you an extension if you need it. TDO small would work fine.
 
Many people do this. You can mount it to the rim of the sump and put the mixing tube right down to the return pump intake. Avast can also make you an extension if you need it. TDO small would work fine.
Ok. Great. Thank you. Do you think I need to use the mixing chamber or just have it drop right into the sump. If I need the chamber I may need an extension. Not sure.
 
Try it both ways. If you get a lot of food sitting on the bottom of the sump not getting picked up by the pump then you may need to use the tube.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new